2A Bugs Life

Image result for bugs life

1. When arriving at the bus stop on time and the bus is not there, I am unsure if it came early or its simply late. It would be helpful if my maps app kept track of this.
2. I have a hard time utilizing all the space in my bookshelves because the books are of different heights and each shelf is relatively tall.
3. When I have clothes that they are not clean but are not dirty, they simply pile up on the bed instead of going in the drawers or hamper. How can I organize this better?
4. When I drop my friend off at the Publix on 13th and University, there is nowhere I can wait for them to finish and instead have to drive around a tiny and crowded parking lot.
5. I would like to rent and watch movies from Library West's DVD collection but I do not have a DVD player.
6. My vacuum isn't working and the tiny hole punch papers are on my carpet and I can't pick them up unless I do it individually.
7. The course reserves on Canvas won't work for me and my professor told me to go to the Help Desk at the Hub which is nowhere near my classes.
8. When it's super cold in the morning and then the sun comes out in the afternoon and it's hot all of a sudden.
9. At the end of class, I have to rush to pack up my papers so I throw them in my paper and when I take them out they are crumpled.
10. When I am in class and my computer is about to die as I take notes because I did not finish charging it before leaving home.
11. When I am tired but I am too anxious to fall asleep because then I might oversleep.
12. My shoes not fitting into my shoe cubby because they are too big and then having to stick 3 pairs in another cubby because they are so small.
13. When my little sister forgets to call me back even though I reminded her with a text tonight because she would rather play video games. And not even good video games.
14. When I'm already lying down ready to fall asleep but I have to get up to put away my devices and brush my teeth.
15. When my feet are cold in the middle of the night and not even the blanket can keep them warm so I have to wake up to put on socks.
16. When my roommate leaves her stuff all over the bathroom counter and I have to worry about not knocking things over instead of getting ready quickly (since I'm probably running late).
17. Currently, I can hear my upstairs neighbor stomping around and I wish I could signal to them to be more aware of their ogre feet.
18. It bothers me when I have to tiptoe to make a midnight snack and I cannot even use the microwave without my roommate waking up. IT SHOULD HAVE A SILENT FEATURE!!!
19. When trying to avoid the traffic on 13th street, I take the back roads which are very bumpy and can hurt my car so I can't always use it.
20. When you want to roll over but your phone is plugged in and it isn't long enough to reach but if you unplug it, it will die.

The list was relatively easy to come up with although halfway through, I ran out of ideas. My trip was to go through my day step by step and see what I encountered. It helps that I am easily bugged though. Upon reflection, it seems like lot of these problems are so minor an inconvenience that I doubt it is worth fixing. I definitely came up with a good idea regarding the microwave though. I would buy that microwave if it was cheap. The list definitely got my creativity flowing which I wasn't expecting.

Comments

  1. Jane, I liked reading your list of bugs because it feels like I'm stepping into the shoes of your everyday life. I do however believe there are a lot of inventions that could be helpful to. I believe that for your number 1 you should try out the "rider" app because it keeps track of all the Gainesville Buses and allows you to get an ETA. Other things such as the loudness of your upstairs neighbors I have to come to a consensus on due to having loud upstairs neighbors. I think if you wanted to try to find some ideas to fix your problems I believe there are some innovative solutions. I also didn't see where you included why these problems occurred, whenever I did this it helped me to think of solutions to these small inconveniences.

    Hope that you have a wonderful day,
    * Brynn
    He/Him

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

13A: Elon Musk

Later Gator

12A