Microwavezzz


1) Your beginning point. I believe that people would benefit from having silent microwaves.
2) Describe your belief. People who live with others, especially college students, often tip toe around their house or apartment when others are asleep. This becomes more difficult when it comes to making or microwaving food when someone gets hungry in the middle of the night. A microwave with silent capabilities would be beneficial in preventing conflict and ensuring happiness within homes.
3) Identify the prototypical customer. Individuals with roommates.
4) Iteration No. 1
Name: Brynn Price
Do you live with anyone else? Yes
Are you often awake when they are sleeping? No, never.
Do you ever get hungry during this time? Yes.
Have you ever wanted to use the microwave during this time? Yes, I do.
Did you stop because of your roommates? No because I don’t care if I wake them up.
Has it ever woken them up? No.
Would you buy a microwave with silent capabilities if it was the same price as others? Yes. The microwave scares me because of its loud sounds. Honestly, we should just have a silent world. I would learn ASL.
Reflect. While Brynn does not care about waking up his roommates, I was surprised to learn that he still had use for the microwave. I did not consider that some people do not like sound in general.
Iteration No. 2
Name: Kristie Surdacki
Do you live with anyone else? Yes
Are you often awake when they are sleeping? Maybe
Do you ever get hungry during this time? Yes
Have you ever wanted to use the microwave during this time? Yes
Did you stop because of your roommates? Nope
Has it ever woken them up? No
Has a microwave every woken you up? Yes
Would you buy a microwave with silent capabilities if it was the same price as others? Yes! Why not?
Reflect. Kristie was the interview I was expecting; she had the same concerns and problems that I do. I’m happy she would love to have the microwave. She was quite excited about it.
Iteration No. 3
Name: Chance Boyette
Do you live with anyone else? Yes
Are you often awake when they are sleeping? I don’t know. No?
Do you ever get hungry during this time? Always hungry
Have you ever wanted to use the microwave during this time? No.
Did you stop because of your roommates? N/A
Has it ever woken them up? N/A
Would you buy a microwave with silent capabilities if it was the same price as others? No, because then I wouldn’t know when it would go off.
Reflect. Chance made me realize that some people don’t use microwaves. Which is really weird but important to know about the demographic.

7) Summarize. It's very likely that your opportunity belief changed between the outset and as a consequence of your customer interactions. Three questions:
How much of your original opportunity is still there? I realized that my idea about this came from a narrow straight train of thought and that there is a lot of potential here for a lot of different people.
Do you believe that your new opportunity is more accurate than when you started? Definitely. I learned about different perspectives and reaffirmed that others agreed with my original beliefs.
How much do you think entrepreneurs should 'adapt' their opportunities based on customer feedback? (In other words, is there a trade-off between adapting and staying firm?) They should totally adapt to feedback. It’s important to know your demographic in order to sell your product to them.

Comments

  1. Jane,
    I think its important to change your product based off of feedback, but I also think you should take into account who you are getting feedback from and how much their weight carries in the success and revenue of your given product. I think that a silent microwave would be cool and I thought it was interesting that the first person you interviewed still used a microwave while their roommates were sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane! I really appreciate the product that you are trying to make. In the morning I am a fan of making things in the microwave such as oatmeal or just heating up water for tea. However, I never do because I don’t want to wake up my roommates. I live with 4 other people and we are all on different schedules so your product would definitely be something of interest to me. I definitely think there are things that you could change about your product based on the feedback that you received in your interviews. It is important to know your customers so that you could create a product that would be most appealing to them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

13A: Elon Musk

Later Gator

12A