Wormy

My instances of entrepreneurship have occurred by happenstance. I have always loved arts & crafts and when making key chains, necklaces, and posters, people have always asked for their own. Since about second grade, I have made a small profit off of my designs and most recently, people are entranced with my worm earrings. This toy from my childhood was easily fashioned into earrings by buying both the worms and the hooks in bulk and attaching them via string.


Quite frankly, I am here because I am part of the Innovation Academy, but I would love to learn more about the skills and knowledge that an entrepreneur possesses. While I do not plan to be a business owner or a tech mogul, I hope to embody the skills they are associated with-- resilience, strategic thinking, creativity, and leadership. In my future, I am considering nonprofit work where these skills are invaluable in making the world a better place.

Comments

  1. Hi Jane! I think it is so interesting that you were able to turn a fun, childhood toy into a product that you can make a profit from. Your ideas are super creative and unique! I also agree that I am hoping to learn more about the skills of an entrepreneur, so that I can take those qualities with me into my life in business after college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    Its very impressive that you were able to turn something you liked and enjoyed doing into a small business of sort. It is also even more impressive that you started so young and were able to start this in the second grade. I also took this class to learn more about the skills and knowledge that entrepreneurs posses and hopefully gain the skills necessary to one day start my own business.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

13A: Elon Musk

Later Gator

12A