14A


1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
At the beginning of every month, I create a calendar stating when every assignment I have is due. It has allowed me to stay organized with the overwhelming amount of work I have to do with 21 credits. I push myself to take advantage of every opportunity, like above, where I interned for the Peace Corps.

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
Every Sunday night, I feel like giving up because I have so many assignments due that I did not start earlier. But then I remember that getting an A- in any of my classes will bring my GPA down so I stay strong. Some classes, I have friends in so I work together with them to collaborate and push each other forward.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

  • It can be very easy to get overwhelmed with your workload so I would recommend to any student to know that to fail in one thing is okay. You can miss an assignment or bomb a test, you simply have to pick yourself up and try even harder.
  • Keeping your assignments organized is essential to stay motivated and focused on your assignments. Otherwise, you can get confused and miss work.
  • Surround yourself with like-minded, tenacious individuals. If you are friends with "go-getters" then that will push you to work harder to achieve your goals.

Comments

  1. Hey Jane! I read that you’re taking 21 credits this semester, which is undoubtedly stressful and overwhelming, so it’s important to stay organized and not fall behind. I use a planner to write down all of my assignments for the upcoming month, which has really helped me to stay on top of due dates. I love the mindset you have to keep pushing forward while also accepting failure, which is a quality that will allow you to be extremely successful in this course!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

13A: Elon Musk

Later Gator

12A