6A


1.     Disney+ VS. Netflix: Which one is winning the streaming Business War in 2020?
a.     After searching for articles on Apple News, I came across this article comparing the success of these two streaming services.
b.     Streaming services became popular due to the high prices of cable and the competing packages. Now, dozens of streaming services are trying to have the next take over: Apple TV, HBO, ViacomCBS, and Hulu. The simple times that were aimed for have vanished as different networks put their shows in hopes of profiting off their own streaming service. What if there was a package combing these deals for a lower price?
c.     Anyone with these streaming services would be interested in expanding their options.
d.     This would be an extremely difficult project to pull off due to the near for collaboration between competitors.
e.     I saw this particular opportunity because I wanted to watch different movies/shows that programs are taking off now for their own services. I’m very annoyed and have cancelled all my streaming services to use other people’s.
2.     UF students thank their bus drivers on RTS Appreciation Day
a.     Looking at the alligator, I saw this article that reminded me of the self-driving buses coming to Gainesville.
b.     Alachua county is already a place lacking in opportunities and wealth outside of the University. Accidents for pedestrians, riders, and drivers have proved to be fatal lately. With this in mind, should automated buses really become the norm? Is there any way to stop such a dangerous idea?
c.     Gainesville citizens but especially college students.
d.     Due to have much money has been invested, it is unlikely that the local government would stop this project unless someone got hurt.
e.     When in Tallahassee this winter break, the economic director for the governor spoke to us and he mentioned how Alachua county is one of the poorest in the state. I never fully realized this because I sent so much time at the UF where all the wealth is concentrated. Not to mention, the recent passing of a student here made me weary of technology having such a huge responsibility.
3.     Facebook, Netflix, Spotify Record Highest Phising Attempts: Report
a.     While searching through Apple News, I found this article on Inc 42, an Indian newspaper.
b.     Cyber security is becoming a huge issue—even UF is having trouble warding off scams from UF emails. People pay so much money for computer security programs like Norton, but what if their program protected users from scams like phising? There is an untapped market for the people needing this protection.
c.     Anyone who uses a computer who might be susceptible to these scams.
d.     There is definitely a market for this, but I am uncertain how the technology would work.
e.     I have seen with my own eyes that phising is dangerous and that people need more protection from it.
4.     The Army Wants Technology that Can See Through Walls—and Identify People on the Other Side
a.     After searching “technology” on google and going to news, I found this article of a demand being created.
b.     With the improvements of technology, the odds of this device being created are much higher. And with the military being willing to invest so much money, there is a profit to be made. The lucrative part for me would be to copy the design made for the military to distribute to others with the need.
c.     Police forces like SWAT would also benefit from this as well as the rich who like to buy expensive things.
d.     This would be extremely difficult to design due to the complex science behind it.
e.     I choose this article because I thought of the cloak of invisibility from Harry Potter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13A: Elon Musk

Later Gator

12A